Welcome to Save-Music.org
Based on the philosophical foundation that all students should have the right to make music as a part of the core curriculum, it is intended that this website will provide information and assistance for the music educator, music coalition and local school district.
As advocates for public school music education we are building, saving and restoring music programs. We:
- Provide assistance in organizing local and regional music coalitions;
- Provide advocacy assistance and training to music boosters/music coalitions;
- Consult with school districts that are facing financial or other challenges to their music programs;
- Develop Status Report profiles on music programs, comparing them with best practices;
- Assist in program assessment and curriculum development;
- Assist in the development of strategies for program expansion;
- Facilitate presentations on music advocacy at professional conferences;
- Provide advocacy lectures and seminars to college/university music education students, including online or resident courses for credit;
- Perform crisis intervention assistance to music educators and music coalitions threatened by educational reform or budget crises; and,
- Develop Status Reports for local school districts demonstrating program health through the identification of issues related to faculty, curriculum, student participation and economic viability (reverse economics).
Subjects for discussion and presentation will include the process and politics of educational decision-making, finance and funding, and educational reform.
If it has to do with music in the schools, your contributions, comments and questions are welcome on this site. It is our goal to help you move from survival to vision.